Bay Area Bites (Stephanie Im) had a fabulous simple dessert the other day--great for the Fourth of July and any barbecue day! So simple, and kids can participate.
Banana Boats: This is a no-fuss dessert that can include chocolate or not. this is an "ooey gooey" dessert. Bay Area Bites thanks Bartender Bill from Orson for this treat!
Bananas (As many as you need. Estimate 1 per person)
Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, sweetened coconut (Or whatever other toppings you fancy.)
1. Choose your bananas. Ripened until perfectly spotted are sweeter.
2. Slit the banana lengthwise.
3. Stuff them with any combination of toppings you desire. Dark chocolate and butterscotch go well together.
4. Line your grill with foil, and place the bananas on top.
5. Grill with the cover on until toppings get melty and delicious.
6. Eat with a spoon.
Since I have so much dark chocolate around, I tried different chocolate in different bananas. Yowza, yowza. You're going to love this. So easy and soooo good!
Be sure to stop by Bay Area Bites: Culinary Rants & Raves from Bay Area Foodies & Professionals
This brings me back. I had forgotten about banana boats. As i don't usually enjoy bananas, maybe I should revisit this dessert.
Post a Comment