Monday, July 20, 2009

Chocolate Crockpot Cake

A few months ago I blogged about Cake in a Mug. How simple was that? But suppose you're having company, and you need--want?-- more. This recipe for Cake in a Crockpot is simple and easy--but not fast. But... you can put the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, set the time, and come back to an incredibly delicious moist rich chocolate cake.

1 pkg dark chocolate cake mix
8 oz sour cream
1 pkg chocolate pudding (instant or cooked)
1 cup or 8 oz chocolate chips (or broken chocolate bits/I put in more, but I'm a chocoholic)
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup water

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into lightly greased crock pot. Cover.
Cook 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
Serve with whipped cream or ice-cream!


Janet A said...

I think this is the best one you have blogged. I feel the need to do this, and soon.

Maryln said...

What size crockpot should one use?

Janet Rudolph said...

That's a good question. I looked up some other recipes, and it looks like a 4-5 quart will work. I have no idea what size mine is.. it's ancient, but still works. It's a mushy cake-very rich and decadent in a not 'high end' way. Comfort food?

Mary Kennedy said...

The mug cake was fabulous! Can't wait to read about the crockpot cake...yum!

Janet Rudolph said...

You'll love it. As I mentioned to Marlyn, it's kind of pudding like.. consistency similar to the mug cake. Thanks.

Janet Rudolph said...

Janet A, you're going to love this, and I know you still have your crock pot.

nicole said...

i am definitely going to have to try this! thank you for sharing!