Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vintage Chocolate Cake Ad: Perfect Chocolate Frosting Recipe

Today is my Mother's Birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!

When we were young, we used to stop at the Hershey Factory on our way to visit my Aunt in Harrisburg. One of my fondest memories. Here's a Vintage Ad for Hershey's Baking Chocolate and Cocoa. Since the ad features a white cake, I've posted Hershey's Perfect Frosting recipe below. Perfect Frosting for a Perfect Day!

PERFECT CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1/2 cup sweet butter
2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract

Melt butter in the microwave or in a small pan on the stove.
Stir in cocoa.
Alternately beat in powdered sugar and milk.
Add small amount additional milk, if needed.
Stir in vanilla.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet this is what my mother used to make. When I see the ad, I remember sneaking a taste of the frosting. At the time, I actually thought my mother never knew that I put my finger in the bowl. But of course, she knew.

Then a tall glass of real milk, the kind left on the doorstep by the Borden's delivery man, and a slice of this cake was a little boy's dream meal.

Gloria Baker said...

I love this perfect chocolate frosting, look awesome, thanks for stopping by, see you, gloria