Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Peppermint Patty Drinks: Add Alcohol

Peppermint and Chocolate are a match made in heaven. Add alcohol and now you're talking! I love Alcoholic Peppermint Patty Drinks, especially around the holidays. Here are some great recipes. Santa will love them and so will your guests!

Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate Cocktail

1 ounce peppermint schnapps
1/2 ounce dark crème de cacao
1 tsp crème de menthe
hot chocolate (the best quality chocolate)* (fill the mug)
whipped cream
Garnish with shaved chocolate or chocolate sprinkles and a candycane

Pour liqueurs into glass mug.
Fill with hot chocolate.
Top with whipped cream.
Garnish with shaved chocolate or chocolate sprinkles.

Chocolate Peppermintini

2 1/2 ounces chilled vodka
1/2 ounce chilled peppermint schnapps
1/2 ounce chilled white Creme de Cacao (or Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur)
Junior mints

Mix cold liquor together and shake with ice.
Strain into martini glass.
Drop a few Junior Mints into bottom of glass or garnishrim with crushed candycanes

Optional: I've used Godiva chocolate liqueur in place of the creme de cacao, and I've also used Chocolate vodka in place of both the vodka and Creme de Cacao. Just different. I'm not a stickler for proportions.

Peppermint Patty on the Rocks

1 ounce peppermint schnapps
1 ounce dark crème de cacao
2 ounces cream

Pour peppermint schnapps, crème de cacao, and cream in ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
Shake by placing a mixing tin over glass and give a good shake.

Photo: Candy Cane Martini Glasses from Artland

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I had those drinks at a party, I most certainly would need a ride home because I'm sure I would drink too much! My favorite flavors together.