Other Nut Breads you might want to make today (or any day):
Chocolate Kahlua Date Nut Bread
Geeky Double Chocolate Zucchini Walnut Bread
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chunks (add walnuts)
Chocolate Nut BreadIngredients
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
12 ounces dark chocolate, broken into smallish chunks or chocolate chips- divided use
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
3. Combine eggs, milk and vegetable oil in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; mix just until moistened. Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate pieces (or chips) and nuts. Spoon into prepared loaf pans.
4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool on wire racks.
5. Optional: Microwave remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH for 45 seconds; knead bag to mix. Microwave at additional 10 to 20 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over bread. Sprinkle with additional nuts.
How do you keep the chocolate chips from sinking? mine seem to dive straight for the bottom in quick bread recipes.
A lot depends on the exact proportions.
Also if you fold the chocolate chunks (or regular chocolate chips) in gently, they should stay distributed.
Post a Comment