Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Egg Cake: Vintage Ad & Recipe

Love this Vintage Advertisement and recipe from 3/30/53. "Quick Like a Bunny Make this Gay Easter Egg Cake." This is a "Golden Yellow" Cake with Chocolate icing. Easy and pretty. You can, of course, update the recipe to make your own yellow cake and your own icing, but the idea is there. Most kitchen and craft stores will have special pans to create an egg shape, but if you want to go retro, follow this recipe and cut the egg into shape!


4 comments:

Bobbi Mumm said...

Now this is a cute cake. I love making cut cakes because I don't have storage room for more shaped pans. I bought a copy of Betty Crocker's "New Cake Decorating" years ago and it's my standby for kids' cakes. All cut cake designs. Thanks for this!

Unknown said...

I want one, but I'm pretty sure I'm too lazy to work that hard on a cake.

yummychunklet said...

The vintage ad recipe looks and sounds fun to make!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very vintage, indeed! A cute ad.

cheers,

Rosa