Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ruth Jordan's Busy Lady Fudge

Yesterday may have been National Chocolate Candy Day, but every day is Chocolate Candy Day for me. One can never have enough Chocolate Candy, and that includes Fudge.

I just love when my mystery and chocolate worlds collide, so today I welcome Ruth Jordan with a guest post for Busy Lady Fudge. Ruth Jordan is the co-publisher of Crimespree Magazine. She believes in life, reading and the power of chocolate in equal measures. A perfect motto to live by!

RUTH JORDAN:
I think I picked up this recipe on the side of a jar of Fluff, but it works like a charm and you can add 1/4 teaspoon of any flavored extract if you want to go crazy. I add 1 teaspoon of orange zest on occasion, too. This is a 20 year tradition.

BUSY LADY FUDGE

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cups evaporated milk
12 oz chocolate chips (Toll House semi sweet, of course)
1 cup Jet Puff Marshmallow Crème from Kraft (yup, that’s right, this Vermonter is sad to report the Jet Puff is superior to Fluff)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts

Instructions:
Microwave butter for one minute.
Add sugar and milk; Mix
Microwave on high for 3 minutes give a quick stir.
Microwave for 2 more minutes.
Mix well and scrape the bowl.
Return to microwave on high for 3 minutes; quick stir
Back in one last time, on high for 2 and 1/2 minutes
Stir in chocolate.
Add the Fluff/vanilla /and optional nuts.
Stir until blended.
Pour into a greased 9x9 or 13x9 baking dish.
Chill in a cool place.
Cut and eat.
May be stored in cookie tin lined with wax or parchment paper for up to 3 weeks.

Use the deepest microwave safe bowl you have that will fit into your microwave, there is bubbling. I use my trusty college hand mixer for the stirring, but a whisk is fine.

7 comments:

Baking Addict said...

This looks delicious! I've never heard of Jet Puff and Fluff is not easily available here - is there an alternative? I am a new convert to desserts made in microwaves :)

Janet Rudolph said...

Baking Addict: where are you located? Marshmallow Creme is available in many grocery stores..it's another name for Jet Puff and Fluff..

Baking Addict said...

I live in London, United Kingdom. I can buy it in certain stores but it's expensive. Do you think regular marshmallows would work?

Janet Rudolph said...

Found this how to make marshmallow creme on the internet. I've never made it... but might be worth a try? http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6558529_make-marshmallow-creme.html

Baking Addict said...

Thanks! I may give it a try or I might just splash out on a jar. I'm sure I will find many uses for it :)

Janet Rudolph said...

I use it in some s'mores recipes, and if you do a search for Marshmallow Creme/dying for chocolate, you'll find even more. It's a very sweet food product.. not really natural, but sometimes fun to use :-)

Anonymous said...

I used to make this with my Dad when I was a kid. Have looked for the recipe for years. Thank you so much. Time for the grandkids to do it with him now.