Saturday, December 10, 2011
Lunar Eclipse Cookies
This is a great recipe for Chocolate Cookies. Dip half--or however complete you want your eclipse to be-- in melted white chocolate when the cookies have cooled. Lunar Eclipse Cookies!
CHOCOLATE LUNAR ECLIPSE COOKIES
3/4 cups sweet butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup DARK cocoa powder
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
Directions (lots of refrigerator/freezer steps, but that makes for great cookies)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cream butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add cocoa powder and mix until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Add flour. Mix until combined.
2. Wrap dough in plastic wrap in 2 batches and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. Roll dough between two pieces of wax paper, sprinkled with cocoa powder (not flour), to keep from sticking. Freeze dough for 10 minutes.
4. Dip round cookie cutters in a mixture of equal parts flour + cocoa powder (continue for each cookie) before cutting out circles for the moon.
5. Arrange cookies on parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze baking sheet with cookies until firm -about 15 minutes.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 mins, 12-15 for larger ones. Cool on racks.
8. When cookies are cooled, dip half (or as much as you'd like) in melted white chocolate. Place on parchment paper to harden.
Lunar Eclipse Cookies!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment