Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Wine and Chocolate Pairings

I came across this fabulous guide to wine and chocolate pairing from ProFlowers.  It pairs 14 popular chocolates like peanut butter cups and chocolate covered espresso beans with complimentary wines. I asked Taylor Poppmeier, the creator of this pairing, if we could post on DyingforChocolate. Enjoy!

Taylor Poppmeier

As a self-admitted chocoholic, it's obvious that I enjoy my fair share of my favorite treat. I have always enjoyed a glass of red with a square (or bar) of dark chocolate but was hesitant to enjoy anything more adventurous out of fear that the taste of both would clash. Some connoisseurs argue that the bold flavors make pairing difficult so I am sharing a handy guide with you. ProFlowers created an easy cheat sheet for wine and chocolate pairings. They included everything from high end lavender truffles to the classic favorites like peanut butter cups. So peel open that candy bar and pour yourself a glass of wine. Cheers!

Basic Wine and Chocolate Pairing Rules:
  1. The wine should be as sweet as the chocolate.
  2. Begin pairing by color. The darker the chocolate, the darker the wine.
  3. When possible, opt for a high quality chocolate bar.
  4. Consider texture as well as taste.

No comments: