|Photo: Edith Maxwell|
CANDY CANE FUDGE
18 ounces dark chocolate (60-75% cacao), chopped
1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Dash of salt
1 tsp peppermint extract
4 peppermint candy canes, crushed
1. Line 9" pan with wax paper.
2. Melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over another saucepan with simmering water (or in top of double boiler). Stir until melted.
3. Remove from heat; stir in peppermint extract, and half the crushed candy canes.
4. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Top with the rest of candy cane crumbs.
5. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
6. Remove from pan by lifting edges of wax paper.
7. Cut into squares.