1. Easy Halloween Oreo Brownies
I use the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix and crumble about 15 cookies into the mix.
Want to make your own Halloween Oreo Brownies? The following recipe is a no-fail and delicious. It's a double recipe, so be sure you have a lot of goblins around to eat these up! As always use the very best ingredients.
II. Halloween Oreo Brownies (Double recipe)
4 sticks sweet butter
1 pound semisweet chocolate chips
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate -- chopped
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons Madagascar vanilla
2-1/4 cups sugar
1-1/4 cup flour -- divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
50 Halloween Oreos (4 cups chopped)
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350.
Butter and flour an 11 1/2" x 17 1/4" x 1" baking pan. (or make in two 9x9 pans)
1. In heatproof medium bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In large bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.
3. In medium bowl, sift together one cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.
4. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake. Allow to cool. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.
Adapted from Cooking Light and "O" Magazine recipe by Ina Garten