Thursday, November 10, 2011
Full Moon Brownies & Cocktails
I know that the Full Moon means so many things to so many people. It's said that people crave chocolate more during the Full Moon. I'm not surprised because I went through a package of Taza Chocolate Mexicano yesterday. So here are two recipes to help you celebrate this or the next Full Moon.
Full Moon Brownies
From the Vosges Website: Gotta love Black Pearl Exotic Candy Bars Black Pearl: ginger + wasabi + black sesame seeds + dark chocolate, 55% cacao
2- 3 oz Bars Black Pearl Exotic Candy Bars
8 oz unsalted butter
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 8 inch square baking pan, line with parchment paper, then line with 2 pieces of aluminum foil perpendicular to each other so you can lift the brownie out of pan easily after they've been baked.
2. Place chocolate and butter in medium sized, non-reactive metal bowl and set over simmering water. Stir occasionally and whisk in cocoa powder until smooth, set aside.
3. In mixing bowl, briefly whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt for about 30 seconds. Add warm chocolate mixture and then mix in flour just until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and cook for 35 minutes.
5. When finished, let brownies cool for at least 1 hour before removing from pan.
Eat one and howl at the moon!
Want to drink your Full Moon Chocolate? Try this delicious cocktail.
Chocolate Full Moon Cocktail
2 Measures Tequila
1 Measure De Kuyper Crème De Cacao (Dark)
1 Measure Cream
Pour all the ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with chocolate shaving if desired.