Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Walkers Shortbread Finger Dips & Chocolate Toffee Shortbread

I spent some time at the Walkers booth yesterday at the Winter Fancy Food Show. I'm a sucker for Scottish Shortbread. I've posted recipes for Chocolate Shortbread, but I really like Walkers Shortbread. It's made with butter, and what's better than butter? Well maybe butter and chocolate.

So this morning as I was dunking my Walker Shortbread Fingers into my tea, I came across a recipe that came with my Shortbread samples -- for Walkers Shortbread Finger Dips.

The Recipe is simple: just dip the Shortbread Fingers, Triangles or Rounds in chocolate and then roll in nuts, almonds, mini-chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, cocoanut. Whatever you'd like! Put them on waxpaper to cool, and you're good to go!

I've mentioned before that many food products have great recipes on their site, so I went to the Walkers site. Here's another 'recipe', this time for Chocolate Toffee Shortbread using Heath Bars or Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee bits. You can, of course, use any English toffee and any chocolate. I've adapted it just a bit. Be sure and use a good quality dark chocolate for the dip! You can use oil in place of butter, too.

CHOCOLATE TOFFEE SHORTBREAD

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee bits or Heath bars, coarsely chopped
12 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
4 packages (8.8-ounces each) Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread Fingers (48 cookies)

Directions
1. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. Put toffee bits in a shallow bowl.
2. Combine the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler with a little water simmering below.  Stir until melted and smooth.
3. Hold a cookie by one end and dip it into the chocolate, turning, to coat three quarters up the cookie; let the excess drip back into the bowl.
4. Roll cookie gently in the bowl of toffee bits and sprinkle some of mixture onto the chocolate-coated top and sides of the cookie (to get an even coating).
5. Place cookie on parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
7. Let cookies rest until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.


Chocolate-Toffee Shortbread Fingers will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.

Photo: Walkers  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH...

Please tell me, does this improve tea dunkability?

Janet Rudolph said...

Absolutely.. and try the Walker Scottie Shortbread with Muddy Boots http://dyingforchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/02/walkers-scottie-dogs-shortbread-with.html