Blondies are simple to make, and I highly recommend them. I use dark brown sugar because I think it has more taste. Like any recipe, the quality of the ingredients makes a difference in your final product.
1/2 cup sweet butter, melted
1 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of chocolate chips or any other addition (walnuts, macadamia nuts, butterscotch chips, etc.. you can pack more in, but the consistency will be different...but more goey and delicious)
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Butter and lightly flour an 8×8 pan.
2. Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla and whisk.
4. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix together. Stir in chips and/or nuts -or whatever you're using this time around :-)
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 20-25 minutes (350), or until toothpick comes out clean. Don't overcook.
6. Cool on rack. Cut into squares or bars.