Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Toll House Cookies: Vintage Ad and Recipe

Today is National Cookie Day, and there's one cookie that stands out for me as the All American Cookie: Tollhouse Cookies. Who doesn't love a good Chocolate Chip Cookie?

Last year I did a post on Ruth  Graves Wakefield, the creator of Toll House Cookies.  These are the Chocolate Chip Cookies I grew up with. Guess I'm Vintage! Thought I'd post this Vintage Ad for Toll House CookiesRecipe for Tollhouse Cookies below!


Original Toll House Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

3 comments:

Guinevere said...

I was planning to make chocolate chip cookies this weekend... maybe I'll use this vintage recipe! (The ad is too funny too, by the way - I love the vintage ads!)

Janet Rudolph said...

Yes, should I make them for the bridge club or teaparty? :-)

~~louise~~ said...

GREAT ADS, Janet!!! As soon as I get a chance, I'll connect the link!

Thanks for sharing...