Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Candy Cane Fudge

I've been posting a lot of Peppermint and Chocolate Recipes, and I thought I was finished, but I couldn't help but post a recipe for Candy Cane Fudge. This one is adapted from Erin's Files.  I didn't include the espresso or vanilla which is in the original recipe, so be sure and check out the original recipe if you're interested. You can also use chocolate chips if you don't have dark chocolate bars.

There's nothing quite like Chocolate and Peppermint! Perfect for the holidays. I'll add this to my Peppermint and Chocolate Holiday Round-up.

CANDY CANE FUDGE

Ingredients
18 oz. dark chocolate  (60-75% cacao), chopped
1 14 oz. can  sweetened condensed milk
Pinch of salt
1 tsp peppermint extract
4 peppermint candy canes, crushed

Directions
1. Line 9" pan with wax paper.
2. Melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk and salt in a heavy saucepan over another saucepan with simmering water (or in top of double boiler). Stir until melted.
3. Remove from heat; stir in peppermint extracts, and half the crushed candy canes.
4. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Top with the rest of the candy cane crumbs.
5. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
6. Remove from pan by lifting edges of wax paper.
7. Cut into squares.

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by your site today. This looks wonderful.
Ann

Janet Rudolph said...

Keep the peppermint and chocolate coming