Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2024

SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE: Retro Flour Bag Recipe

I found this recipe for One Step Sour Cream Chocolate Cake in a bunch of clippings from my mother-in-law. It looks like she cut it out from the back of a flour bag, in this case, surely a Gold Medal Flour bag. Well, I've made this Betty Crocker recipe, and I must say it's still delicious. Ok, who doesn't love sour cream in a cake? Makes it most and delicious. The original recipe calls for 'shortening' and that is most likely Crisco. I rarely use Crisco, so I substitute butter. If you do this, use 'regular' unsalted butter, not French butter. I also use a high quality dark chocolate (70 % cacao and cut down on the sugar) instead of unsweetened chocolate.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Well, doesn't that sound delicious! More steps than I normally take, but probably well worth it.