Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here's an easy recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream Fudge. This recipe is adapted from Fantasy-Ireland.com. As I've mentioned, you can find some great recipes in some unusual places: Food Associations, Travel Sites, and other product sites.
Bailey's comes in different 'flavors', and your fudge will change flavor, too, when you use Mint Bailey's Irish Cream or Coffee Irish Cream or Creme Caramel Irish Cream. Try them all.
BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM FUDGE
24 ounces milk chocolate (35-45% cacao), chopped, or 2-12 oz packages of milk chocolate chips
12 ounces dark chocolate (65-85% cacao), chopped or 12 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips
2-7 ounce jars of marshmallow creme
2 tsp of Madagascar vanilla extract
2/3 cups of Bailey's Irish Cream
2 cups of chopped nuts (optional)
4 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
1-12 ounces can of evaporated milk
1/2 pound of sweet Irish butter, softened
1. In very large bowl, combine milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla extract, Irish Cream, and nuts (if you are adding them). Set this mixture aside.
2. Line 10 X 15 baking pan with foil and spread lightly with butter.
3. In medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Bring to gentle boil over medium heat and cook slowly, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour milk mixture into chocolate chip mixture. Stir slowly by hand to combine. It is very important to do this by hand and NOT use any kind of mixer.
5. Pour fudge into prepared pan and chill until set.