Wednesday, November 13, 2013
CHOCOLATE COVERED POMEGRANATE SEEDS: How to De-Seed a Pomegranate
So what can you do with pomegranate seeds? Cover them with dark chocolate! Rich sweet dark chocolate goes very well with the tart pomegranate flavor, and the textures meld well. Chocolate Covered Pomegranate Seeds make a great Fall snack, and you'll enjoy the benefits of both sources of antioxidants.
DARK CHOCOLATE COVERED POMEGRANATE SEEDS
About 7 ounces (depending how many seeds you have) of good quality Dark Chocolate, chopped
1. Line cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
2. Melt dark chocolate in double boiler or saucepan on top of saucepan of simmering water. Stir to make surechocolate doesn't burn.
3. Add dry pomegranate seeds (so if they've been in the refrigerator make sure to dry them) to melted chocolate and fold gently with rubber spatula until seeds are thoroughly covered.
4. Spoon clusters of mixture onto wax or parchment paper.
5. Place wax or parchment papered cookie sheet in refrigerator and let chocolate covered seeds cool for several hours or overnight.
Keep refrigerated. Will last 3-4 days.
Check out this Awesome Video from NaturalMarketer on How To De-Seed a Pomegranate (without the bowl of water)! Once you watch this and follow his directions, you'll never go back!!! I'm hooked!