DoubleTree by Hilton gives out approximately 60,000 chocolate chip cookies each day adding up to more than 21 million cookies annually. Since 1986, the DoubleTree started handing out cookies to all its guests. Since 1995, the Christie Cookie has been the keeper of the "secret" cookie recipe. Every DoubleTree by Hilton hotel follows this recipe and exact baking instructions to the letter to ensure each guest gets the same experience no matter which DoubleTree they visit. Cookies are baked fresh every day at every hotel, all over the world, from Canada to China. Each cookie is approximately two full ounces and is filled with an average of 20 chocolate chips. In addition, DoubleTree has donated more than 1,000,000 cookies to acknowledge and honor members of the communities where we operate hotels. Doctors and nurses, homeless shelters and orphanages, food banks and firefighters have all been given DoubleTree signature Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The copycat recipe is available on the Internet from multiple sources. The secret ingredient? Well, not so secret anymore--pulverized oats. Here's the recipe for DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies that you can enjoy at home. Don't want to bake? Order the cookies from The Christie Cookie.
DOUBLETREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1/2 cup rolled oats
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
3 cups semi-sweet, chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Grind oats in food processor or blender until fine. Combine ground oats with flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
2. Cream together butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with electric mixer. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Stir dry mixture into wet mixture and blend well. Add chocolate chips and nuts to dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well blended.
3. For best results, chill dough overnight in refrigerator before baking cookies.
4. Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions onto ungreased cookie sheet. Place scoops about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 350°F oven for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in middle.
Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft.