Monday, September 12, 2011
Chocolate Covered Dates
Don't you just love this Dromedary Choco-Date sign? I collect metal signs, and sadly, I don't own this one. If you ever see it again, please let me know. Love to include this sign in my collection!
CHOCOLATE COVERED DATES
16 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
20-25 pitted dates
Toasted almonds, walnuts or pistachios, whole or chopped
Skewers and parchment paper
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stuff each date with the nut of your choice.
3. Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time or melt in a doubleboiler.
4. Using a skewer, dip each date in chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to fall off by rotating skewer (slowly).
5. Place dipped date on parchment and sprinkle with coconut flakes. Repeat with remaining dates.
6. Allow dates to set in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes before serving.