Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Late Night Snack from Ben & Jerry's: Jimmy Fallon Video

Late Night Snack: Here's the Scoop!

Ben & Jerry's launches a fabulous new flavor. Here's the Scoop on Jimmy Fallon: Late Night Snack! It's Salty & Sweet. Late Night Snack has Fair Trade Certified vanilla ice Cream, fudge covered potato chip clusters & salty caramel swirl.



Rodzilla reviews this ice cream, and there are some fabulous photos!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream – The flavor is vanilla bean, and there is a difference. If you look closely you will see little flecks of vanilla within the ice cream. I would love the base alone, but it’s made so better with the additions.
Salty Caramel Swirl – There is ample amounts of this, as I continued to dig I found even more pockets of goeey, sweet caramel. You can taste the salt, but the sweetness outweighs it. This is a good thing, because you need that sweetness to balance out the saltiness of the next component.
Fudge Covered Potato Chip Clusters – When I read potato chips, I worried that they may become soggy. This wasn’t the case – the sweet fudge coating protects the crispness of the clusters. I mentioned that the caramel swirl did a nice job of balancing the saltiness of the clusters – and now you see why. The chip middle is studded with rocks of salt before becoming enrobed with the outer fudge layer.”

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I can not tell you the last time I have had ice cream. Way too long. I too am hesitant about the Potato chips but hey, March 14th is Potato Chip Day. Maybe I should give it a whirl!

Thanks for sharing, Janet...

Stephanie said...

This sounds so good! I love sweet and salty combinations (I'm one of those people who likes bacon and chocolate - I swear it's good!). Thanks for sharing this, I'm going to be on the lookout for this flavor.