Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Guinness Chocolate Silk Pie
So many great ways to use Guinness with Chocolate. I think the stout brings out the chocolate.
GUINNESS CHOCOLATE SILK PIE
Chocolate Cookie Crust
30 chocolate wafers (Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
5 tablespoons sweet butter, melted and slightly cooled
Dash of Salt
1/2 teaspoon Madegascar vanilla extract
1. Whirl cookies in food processor until tfinely ground.
2. Put crumbs in mixing bowl; combine crumbs, butter, salt, and vanilla; stir until the crumbs are moistened.
3. Press mixture evenly across the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate and all the way up the sides of the pan; pack tightly so crust is even and compacted.
4. Bake in a 350° oven for 6 minutes until crisp.
12 ounces dark chocolate (70-75% cacao), broken up
24 large marshmallows
Pinch of salt
2/3 cups Guinness
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Madegascar vanilla
1 tablespoon creme de cacao or Kahlua
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Make the crust (see above)
1. Place chocolate, marshmallows and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until well mixed and chocolate is finely ground.
2. In two separate pans, heat Guinness and evaporated milk until very hot, but not boiling.
3. Slowly pour hot Guinness over marshmallows and chocolate in blender. Add the hot cream. Cover and blend for one minute.
4. Add vanilla and creme de cacao or Kahlua. Blend for one minute.
5. Pour into the cooled crust and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Top with Whipped Cream or Guinness Ice Cream