Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

National Apricot Day: Chocolate Dipped Apricots


I love apricots, fresh or dried. They are one of my favorite fruits. So today in honor of National Apricot Day, here's a recipe for Chocolate Dipped Apricots. The brandy is optional and the type of chocolate you use will change the results.. maybe for the better. Who doesn't love chocolate dipped fruit? This is so simple and the chocolate dipped apricots will look and taste fabulous!

Chocolate Dipped Apricots
Makes About 40

1/2 cup broken pieces of a good dark chocolate (65% cacao or more)
1 1/2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
Dried apricots

Combine chocolate and brandy in top of double boiler and heat until melted and smooth.

Dip half of each apricot into chocolate and place on wax paper lined pan. Refrigerate one to two hours until chocolate is firm. Keep in a cool place.

4 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I still haven't been able to figure out why National Apricot Day is in January but whose complaining with a recipe like these yummy treats. And, healthy too!!!

Thanks for sharing, Janet:)

Janet Rudolph said...

Hi, Louise,
I thought the same thing which is why I went for dried apricots. I like my produce fresh!

Cleo Coyle said...

My father LOVES chocolate-dipped apricots. I never thought of making him a homemade batch until I read your post (smacking forehead with palm). The addition of brandy is brilliant...and will make Dad happy, happy! Thank you, Janet!

~Cleo
author of The Coffeehouse Mysteries

Janet Rudolph said...

And, so easy...