I'm a big fan of Taza chocolate, and I've reviewed their chocolate from time to time. Love the stone-ground texture. This recipe is from their website. These cookies are scrumptious! Want to make them even more chocolatey? Add some broken chunks of Taza Chocolate Mexicano to the cookie dough before baking.
Taza Mexican Chocolate Cookies
2 Packages of your favorite flavor of Chocolate Mexicano (approx. 5 ounces)
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaping cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and beat well. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla. Beat until just blended.
5. Add flour mixture and beat until blended.
6. Drop spoon fulls of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until almost set.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for another 2 minutes or until set. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Yields about 25 cookies.
Photo: Taza Chocolate