Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Retro Carnation's "Easy-Does-It" Cookbook: First-Prize Buttermilk Fudge Cake Recipe

I love old cookbooks. Last weekend at the Alameda Flea Market, I found a tiny cookbook,  Carnation's Easy-Does-It Cookbook, by Mary Blake (1958). It's filled with helpful tips and recipes. Some are a bit dated, and the assumption is that the "little woman's in the kitchen," but it's a real blast from the past. Be sure and scroll down for an easy recipe for First-Prize Buttermilk Fudge Cake!


And here's the recipe for First-Prize Buttermilk Fudge Cake.




1 comment:

Lisa Barger said...

This cake sounds yummy! I am 60 and I do not remember Carnation making buttermilk. I suppose any buttermilk would work in this cake? I LOVE cookbooks too! Especially vintage cookbooks, cookbooklets! My husband DOES NOT UNDERSTAND! I love your blog!!!!!!
lisa59@suddenlink.net