Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Play it Cool: Chocolate Drinks!

The San Francisco Bay Area is sweltering. O.K. you may live in an area where it's 120 degrees/100 percent humidity, but here in the Bay Area, when it hits 100 degrees with 60% humidity we're fainting left and right. So I thought it was time to do a fun post which highlights two different chocolatiers and their recipes for Cool (in both senses of the word) Chocolate Drinks.

The first is from Chuao. If you haven't tried their chocolate, you're in for a treat. They have some very fun chocolate bars such as Potato Chip, Firecracker, and Rocky Road.  For this Chocolate Frappe Recipe, use Chuao Drinking Chocolate. It comes in a cute tin or a larger 5 pound bag...either Spicy Maya (which in bar form is one of my favorites) or Deluxious Dark.  I've tried this with both!
And, then today I got another recipe for Ice Ice Baby from MarieBelle New York. I have their fabulous Dark Hot Chocolate Mix, and I'm going to make this tonight. Of course, if you're in New York, they'll mix this up for you at their shop! Be sure and try truffles, bars and more! Yum!


No comments: