So here's yet another recipe for truffles--this time for Valentine Heart-shaped Chocolate Truffles. Of course, you can use any basic truffle recipe and just press into the mold. I usually melt my chocolate and butter in a double boiler, but the microwave works, too.
And, if you have no time to make your own heart shaped truffles, buy some of Chuao's Popping Hearts--milk chocolate hearts bursting with all natural popping candy or their aphrodiasic heart bourbon collection! Be sure and check with your local chocolatier for their chocolate heart truffle selection!
Valentine Chocolate Truffle Recipe
Makes 24 chocolate truffles
2 tbsp sweet butter, chopped coarsely
9 oz Fair-trade organic dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon corn syrup
½ cup cocoa powder, sifted for dusting the finished chocolate truffles
You are only limited by your imagination or heart on decorating ideas!
1. Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler or in saucepan on top of saucepan over simmering water.
2. Remove from heat and add cream and the corn syrup. Mix until combined and smooth. If you are adding flavorings add them with the cream (kirsch, bourbon, kahlua, etc???).
3. Pour chocolate truffle filling into heart shaped chocolate mold. Level top with scraper. Put in refrigerator to set.
4. Once firm place in freezer for 5 minutes then push out of mold. Dust with sifted cocoa powder.
5. Store in cool dry place until ready to eat or give as a Valentine's Day gift.