Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Thanksgiving is coming up, and what's Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie?

Last year I posted a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake. You can also have a regular Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Cookie Crust. But here's a totally different and fabulous recipe from my friend Annmarie Kostyk, the Chocolate Goddess, for Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.  Be sure and check out all her chocolate postings.

I know I'm making this Chocolate Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving, but I'll be making a Chocolate Crust. I can never have enough chocolate! :-)

CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PIE

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can pumpkin (16 oz.)
1 unbaked pie shell
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup dark chocolate (chopped), melted with 1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin in a medium bowl. Mix well. Add eggs. Stir in half and half and chocolate. Mix thoroughly and pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake about 40 minutes longer, until custard tests done.

Photo: Annmarie Kostyk

No comments: