White Chocolate Cheesecake with a Dark Chocolate Cookie Crust. I also love White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes! Not that much richer than using butter.
But if you don't have a lot of time today, Nigella Lawson to the rescue. Nigella's White Chocolate Mint Mousse is delicious. Chocolate and mint. What's not to love? O.K. White chocolate isn't the real deal for me, but that being said, you can always make this recipe using dark chocolate. Taste will change with the amount of cacao, but if you're a purist, and you want to celebrate National White Chocolate Day, try this recipe now! It's easy and yummy!
WHITE CHOCOLATE MINT MOUSSE
9 ounces white chocolate, broken into small pieces
1 cup heavy cream
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 fresh mint leaves, optional
1. Put the pieces of white chocolate in a bowl, and set this bowl over a pan over simmering water until it melts, stirring gently with a spatula every now and then. When it's melted, stand the bowl on a cold surface to cool down a little.
2. In another bowl, and using an electric handheld whisk for ease, whip the cream, egg white and extract together. You want soft peaking rather than a stiff mixture.
3. Put a big dollop of cream onto the slightly cooled chocolate and mix, and then gently fold the chocolate mixture into the cream.
4. Divide mixture between 6 small but perfectly formed glasses with a capacity of 1/4-cup each. (yes, less is more, this is sweet)
5. Chill in the fridge or put them in the freezer for 10 or 15 minutes.
Optional: Decorate top with a mint leaf before serving.