Michelle's Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies at Allrecipes.com is that the Peanut Butter part is really extra rich and creamy because you mix the peanut butter with cream cheese, egg and milk. Adding a few handfuls of chocolate chunks or chips makes these brownies even that more chocolate-y, too!
If you're in a hurry, the Second Recipe (below) for Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies utilizes a brownie mix and peanut butter from the jar. Simple, easy and fast.
Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup sweet butter, melted
2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (65% cacao or higher) or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1 egg, and milk until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together Melted Butter, 2 cups white sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the remaining 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; mix into the batter. Stir in chopped dark chocolate (or) chocolate chips.
4. Remove 1 cup of the chocolate batter. Spread the remaining batter into the prepared pan. Spread the peanut butter filling over the top. Drop the reserved chocolate batter by teaspoonful over the filling. Using a flat knife, gently swirl through the top layers for a marbled effect.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, then cut into bars.
In a hurry?
You can make great and easy Peanut Butter Brownies from your favorite Brownie Mix (Betty Crocker? Duncan Hines? Trader Joe's?)
Easy and Fast Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies
Prepare boxed Brownie Mix.
Pour batter in prepared pan.
To make Peanut Butter Marbled Brownies, spoon dollops of creamy peanut butter on top of the brownie batter.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
Swirl with flat knife to create marbled effect.
Bake according to directions.