Foodnetwork.com. It will be a huge hit at your Memorial Day BBQ or any time. As always, use the very best chocolate!
Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup good quality dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick sweet butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla extract
1/2 cup dry red wine, Zinfandel (I've used Cabernet and Merlot)
10 ounces dark chocolate (85% cacao--the best you can find), broken into chunks
1- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries (unsweetened are more tart but use what you have)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
2. In a bowl of an electric mixer, or with a handheld mixer, combine butter and sugars until fluffy.
3. Add egg, vanilla, and wine and combine.
4. Slowly in batches add the flour mixture until just combined.
5. Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
6. On a nonstick cookie sheet, place a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie about 2 inches apart from each other.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are still soft looking but edges look firm.
8. Let cool on sheet for 5-8 minutes.