Sorry I don't live in Vancouver. Doesn't this sound fabulous!!
Chocolate at the Refinery: Artisan chocolate meets wine, beer, cocktails and canapes
Date: Friday, November 20th, 2009
Time: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Refinery, 1115 Granville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia
Schedule of events:
5:30 - 6:15 p.m. Savoury canapes from The Refinery's Chef Mike Carter, incorporating Theo Chocolate. Paired with a custom cocktail from Lauren Mote, incorporating Vista d'Oro walnut wine and garnished with shavings of Theo Chocolate.
6:15 - 6:30 p.m. Welcome and introductions. Joe Whinney, CEO of Theo Chocolate, will tell us about the company he founded.
6:30 - 7:10 p.m. Guided chocolate and beverage pairing. Hear stories about where the chocolate comes from, and who made the beverage that it's paired with.
Featuring four chocolates from the Theo Chocolate line:
* Ghana single-origin bar 84%
* Madagascar single-origin bar 74%
* Fig, fennel & almond bar from the 3400 Phinney line
* Jane Goodall milk chocolate 45% (voted best organic product at NY Fancy Food Show, 2009)
Paired with those, we have gorgeous selections from Farmstead Wines and Vista d'Oro:
* Farmstead Claus Preisinger Basic (retail: $43 per bottle)
* Farmstead Marc Tempe Rodelsberg 2004 (retail: $90 per bottle)
* Farmstead Agricola Marrone Arnies 2007 (retail: $60 per bottle)
* Vista d'Oro walnut wine (retail: $96 per bottle)
7:10 - 7:30 p.m. Sweet canapes from Chef Mike Carter, plus confections from Theo Chocolate. Here's your opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the artisan products that you just enjoyed.
This event presented by Eagranie Yuh, thewelltemperedchocolatier.com