Pages

Wednesday, March 8, 2023

THIN MINT GIRL SCOUT COOKIES BROWNIES: Girl Scout Cookie Time

I miss seeing Girl Scouts on every street corner, every park, and in front of every supermarket. I enjoyed seeing the girls in their green uniforms and/or mothers and fathers hawking the taste of the season: Girl Scout Cookies. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout, and I used to pound the pavement selling and then delivering Girl Scout Cookies door to door. 
But don't fear, you can still order Girl Scout Cookies online. Even if the actual selling of the cookies has changed, the cookies are still good. And, there are a few new ones this year. See below for the "Line-Up." I haven't tried the Raspberry Rally one, but I'm looking forward to it. It's supposed to taste like thin mint cookies, except raspberry instead of the mint. We'll see, and I'll report back!

Anyway, by this time of year, I have a cupboard filled with Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints.. well, not the cupboard for the Thin Mints. I put them in the freezer. I've been freezing my Thin Mints for more years than I want to remember. Not that they're being frozen for future times. I just like the taste best that way. It's no secret that my favorite cookies are Thin Mints. Several years ago on the 100th Anniversary of the Girl Scouts, I posted a recipe for Thin Mint Truffles. So easy and delicious.

So this year, I'm posting a recipe for Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies Brownies. Plenty of other ways to incorporate Girl Scout Cookies. Be sure and scroll down for more tips!

Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies Brownies

Ingredients
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup unsweetened DARK cocoa powder
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 eggs
1/2 Box Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies, crushed into small chunks

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter 9”x9” square baking pan.
In double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate together and remove from heat.
In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
When chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little, whisk in eggs and vanilla. Note: it is important to cool chocolate/butter mixture or eggs will cook.
Add rest of dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.

Other things to do with Girl Scout Cookies:
Crush them up and use them as ice cream toppings, in cakes and cookies, truffles and brownies.
Girl Scout Cookies are also great to use as pie crusts, in the same way you'd make a chocolate wafer cookie crust or graham cracker crust. Yum.

So which cookies will you buy? 

2023 Girl Scout Cookies (Check out the New Ones)




No comments: