Red Velvet Cupcake recipe with Cream Cheese Icing. You might also want to do Strawberries dipped in White Chocolate.
Here's a Chocolate Cupcake Recipe that is simple and 'patriotic' from Hershey!
Red, White & Blue & Chocolate Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa (I use the dark)*
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (recipe follows)
* Fresh blueberries and strawberries
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
3. Frost with VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Definitely put on more frosting than in the Hershey photo. Garnish with blueberries and strawberries.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
Beat 5 tablespoons softened butter until creamy in medium bowl. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating until of spreading consistency. About 2 cups frosting.
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Other Creative Patriotic Cupcake Decorations:
1. Make a 5 pointed star with strawberries: Ice the cupcake with buttercream frosting. Slice strawberries. Put five slices on an angle to form a five pointed star on each cupcake. Put wide part in center with points out. Fill center of stars with 3-4 blueberries.
2. Instead of fruit, dip the iced cupcakes in a bowl of mixed red, white, and blue sprinkles!
3. Add red and blue coloring to part of the icing and arrange cupcakes on a platter as a flag!.. I would still add sprinkles.
4. Use patriotic cupcake stencils you can buy-- or make your own.
5. Use Patriotic baking cups for your cupcakes!
6. Use Wilton's coloring gel to make the cupcakes blue or red. They may not come out perfectly the first time. It's trial and error to get the color right, especially if you're using cocoa. If you do this, you might want to use the regular cocoa.
What Chocolate Dessert are you making for the Fourth of July?
Photo: Hershey's Recipes
You can't go wrong with cupcakes and if they have chocolat in.... well that's even better! Those look lovely Janet.
hhhmmm..another mouth watering dessert Janeth...
Post a Comment