Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

MARGARITA TRUFFLES

Sunday is National Margarita Day! What a great way to celebrate the Oscars! Eat your Margarita! As with all recipes, use the very best ingredients -- the best white chocolate, the best Tequila, the best cream. 


MARGARITA TRUFFLES

Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
12 ounces white chocolate, chopped  (I use Guittard white chocolate)
3 Tbsp Lime juice
1-1/2 Tbsp Tequila
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Coating
13 ounces White Chocolate, chopped
3 Tbsp Vegetable Shortening
Sea salt

Directions
In saucepan over medium heat, warm cream until small bubbles appear along edges.
Put white chocolate in food processor. Pour hot cream over white chocolate and allow to sit for 15 seconds. Process until smooth. Add Tequila and lime juice and mix briefly.
Pour mixture into shallow pan lined with plastic wrap, cover with plastic wrap, and chill until very firm, about 3 hours.
Put powdered sugar in shallow bowl.
Using plastic wrap, lift ganache mixture from pan.
With small melon baller or spoon take about an inch and roll into ball. Then roll ball in powdered sugar and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile melt white chocolate and shortening in top of double boiler (or sauce an over second saucepan over simmering water).
Remove truffles from freezer.
Dip each truffle in white chocolate and place on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
Chill about 15 minutes.
Dip each truffle a second time in the white chocolate.
Sprinkle top of each with a tiny bit of sea salt. 
Chill until firm.
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.

3 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Margarita Truffles sound amazing, Janet!!! Oh how I wish I could just have one, NOW!!!

Thanks for sharing, Janet...

P.S. I though Margarita Day was Sunday??? I'm confused:)

P.S. I'm collecting Meatball recipes on my blog for National Meatball Day in March. Do you have any you want to share? Check out my blog if you do. (you must have a chocolate meatball somewhere, lol)

Janet Rudolph said...

Louise, I think I jumped the gun on Margarita Day..maybe because it's Friday. LOL! Saw the meatball call..but I don't have any chocolate meatballs. Will think about it, though! It's such a fun idea.

~~louise~~ said...

That's an understanable mistake, Janet. I guess there will be a lot of Margarita drinking for the Oscars, lol...

I was hoping you had chocolate meatballs but any ol' meatballs will do. If not, no problem, some people sent me more than one link:) So, I'll have enough. I just want to try and get everyone involved. You're already on the calendar for March anyway:)