Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Grand Marnier Truffles

I'm in a Grand Marnier mood today. This morning I posted a recipe for Grand Marnier Hot Chocolate. I love orange and chocolate, especially dark chocolate. So this afternoon I thought I'd post an easy recipe for Grand Marnier Truffles. These are perfect to give as gifts or have on hand during the holidays! They're great any time!

GRAND MARNIER TRUFFLES

Ingredients
2/3 cup heavy cream
1tsp fresh orange zest
12 ounces dark chocolate (60-70% cacao), chopped
1 Tbsp plus 1-1/2 tsp Grand Marnier
1/3 cup DARK cocoa

Directions
In saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream and orange zest just to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add chopped chocolate and Grand Marnier and stir until smooth.
Chill chocolate mixture (ganache) until hard enough to roll into balls.
Using two spoons or melon baller, extricate chocolate and roll into ball.
Roll ball in cocoa powder and chill.

This recipe can be doubled. Experiment with different chocolate -- brands and amount of cacao -- for different flavor.

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I never tire of Grand Marnier Janet. It's right up there with Kahlua and Amaretto, lol...Truffles sound perfect! I wouldn't mind getting these as a gift one bit!

Thanks so much for sharing, Janet...

Happy Chanukah to you and yours:)

Mae Travels said...

Orange and chocolate make such a great combination! You keep reminding me that I need to make some chocolate something or other!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com