Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Retro Chocolate Chip Cookies Ad & Recipe

This week is Chocolate Chip Cookie week, and you can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes. I plan to post a recipe a day, starting off with this Crisco Recipe from the 1990s. I will admit, though, that I would use butter in my recipe! Sorry, Crisco, I love you in pie crusts and other baked goods.  I do really like your Advertisement! Don't you feel you could 'almost take a bite out of this recipe'!

1990s Crisco Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco 
1-1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips
1 cup pecan pieces

Directions
Heat oven 375˚F.
Cream Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Blend in egg.
Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
Add to creamed mixture, gradually.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop rounded tablespoons (about 2 measuring tablespoons) of dough 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 375˚F. 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen 3-inch cookies

3 comments:

Laura-Kate Rurka said...

I think you've had mine. They are thick and chewy with extra sugar, flour and vanilla. I'll email you the recipe if you want. It's from Food and Wine, but I can't find the link for some reason.

Janet Rudolph said...

Oh yes, please... how about a short intro, Laura-Kate?

Rosita Vargas said...

OMG galletas retro muy buenas Janet sen ven deliciosas y lindas tambièn,saludos y abrazos.