Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PIE

Photo: Annemarie Kostyk
Thanksgiving is coming up, and what's Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie?

I've posted several recipes for Chocolate Pumpkin Pie, but this is one of the best and easiest! This is from my friend Annmarie Kostyk, the Chocolate Goddess.

I love making this Easy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving, but I make a Chocolate Crust. I can never have enough chocolate! :-)

CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN PIE

Ingredients
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 can pumpkin (16 oz.)
1 unbaked pie shell  (or make a chocolate cookie crust)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup half and half
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup dark chocolate (chopped), melted with 1 tablespoon butter

Directions
Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin in a medium bowl. Mix well.
Add eggs.
Stir in half and half and chocolate.
Mix thoroughly and pour into pie shell.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake about 40 minutes longer, until custard tests done.

2 comments:

yummychunklet said...

Sounds delicious.

Eleanor said...

mmmm.... Two of my favourite things.