Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

I've posted so many Birthdays these past few months-- Girl Scouts, Oreos, Dr. Seuss--that I almost forgot my own. Well today is my birthday, and I'm celebrating with 500 of my closest friends here at Left Coast Crime, a mystery convention I helped found over 20 years ago.  Since I'm not home, there might not be a cake, but there will be chocolate. I come prepared. I always give my panelists chocolate. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than with mystery readers and chocolate lovers! O.K. maybe Paris :-)

I also like Cheese and the photo on the right is a "Cheese Cake." I saw it at the Fancy Food Show! Just the right number of candles, too!

And, because there must be Chocolate, here's a virtual Chocolate Cake from a vintage 1904 Baker's ad. Thank goodness I'm not 175.

Happy Birthday to Me!


6 comments:

Reeni said...

Happy Birthday! Have a blessed day filled with cake!

Janet A said...

Happy Birthday . I missed that cake at the food show. It looks good. Have fun today.

yummychunklet said...

Happy birthday!

~~louise~~ said...

♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪Happy Birthday to YOU♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪Happy Birthday Dear Janet♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪Happy Birthday to YOU!

P.S. LOVE the ad!

Anonymous said...

I raise a glass of milk in a toast to you as I enjoy my chocolate cake.

Lynn said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Janet. Happy birthday to you! There's no one who's you-er than you! :) Hope it was a special day.