Engrossed in 2006 on Food.com is awesome! Make Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies to celebrate National Raisin Day. Be sure and scroll down to see the California Raisins dancing to I Heard it on the Grapevine!
OATMEAL RAISIN WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons Madagascar vanilla extract
1 cup ground walnuts (can grind in blender)
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate broken into bits
1 cup raisins
1. In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. At a low speed, beat in flour mixture until blended.
4. Fold in ground walnuts, oats, chocolate chips (or pieces) and raisins.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350.
7. Grease 2 baking sheets.
8. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly
9. Bake cookies until lightly browned around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Transfer to flattened brown paper bags or wire racks to cool.
Dough also freezes well. Freeze dough balls on a cookie sheet and then put them in a ziploc bag in the freezer until ready to bake!