Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cocoa Bread: Fleischmann's Vintage Pamphlet & Recipe

I grew up baking with Fleischmann's Yeast, so I was thrilled when Frank found this tiny pamphlet in his mother's papers. His mother may not have been a good cook, but she was a terrific baker. I love Vintage recipes and pamphlets. On this one, you could write and have a copy of the pamphlet sent to friends. This is pre-zipcode. I think the illustrations are adorable, too.

Who doesn't love Cocoa Bread! 

This little book was actually printed askew with the city of publication cut off.. When I say little, the book is 3 1/2 x 6 1/2.


4 comments:

Cricket McRae said...

That is adorable. The bread looks fab, too!

~~louise~~ said...

"No fair," she cried, "I don't have that book!!!

Thanks for sharing, Janet:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe..... Only one problem.... What temperature do you baking these bread loaves?????? I think it might be 350 F but I'd like to know for sure....
Thanks, Larry

Janet Rudolph said...

I would think 350, also, although the recipe doesn't say.. isn't that odd.