Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chocolate Guinness Truffles for Super Bowl Sunday

Here's another recipe for Super Bowl Sunday. Beer, Chocolate & Pretzels! I love Truffles, and they're so easy to make. I've used different types of alcohol, but since I posted a recipe the other day for Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes, I thought Chocolate Guinness Truffles would be terrific for a Super Bowl party! For my Super Bowl, I'm going to roll them in Crushed Pretzels, but you can use crushed peanuts or beer nuts. If you're a purist, you can always roll them in cocoa!

CHOCOLATE GUINNESS TRUFFLES

Ingredients
3/4 cup Guinness
1 pound semisweet chocolate -- chopped
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Optional coatings: Salted pretzels, crushed; Nuts, or Cocoa

Directions
Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler over simmering water.
Gradually stir in cream.
Gradually add Guinness, stirring gently to blend.
Cover and chill overnight.
Shape mixture into 3/4 inch balls, using about a tablespoon of ganache.
Roll in crushed salted pretzels or nuts or cocoa.

No comments: