King Arthur Flour's Brownie Bites recipe is fabulous, and for Valentine's Day, how about dressing the Brownie Bites up by cutting them in a different shape and decorating with cherries! These brownie bites can be cut with a round biscuit cutter, but for Valentine's Day, how about a heart shaped biscuit cutter?
This photo is from the King Arthur Flour website, and since there wasn't a Cherry Sauce recipe to accompany the brownie bite recipe, I thought I'd mention one of my favorites: Chukar Cherry Jubilee Sauce which is a three cherry sauce and all natural. Fabulous with Brownie Bites.
February is Cherry Month, so this dessert does double duty!
Brownie Bites with Cherry Jubilee Sauce
1 cup unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa or Dutch-process cocoa
1 tablespoon espresso powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 cups chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chopped up)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10" x 15" jelly roll pan or a 9" x 13" pan. For guaranteed easy removal of the brownies, line the greased pan with parchment, and grease the parchment.
1) In a microwave-safe bowl, or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter.
2) Add the sugar, stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
3) Stir in the cocoa, espresso powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla.
4) Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
5) Add the flour, chips, and optional nuts, again stirring until smooth.
6) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
7) Bake the brownies for 28 to 34 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and barely set in the center.
8) Remove the brownies from the oven, and cool for at least 1 hour before cutting.
9) Use a 1 1/2" round (or heart shaped) biscuit cutter to cut as many circles or heaarts as possible (about 46) out of the brownies in a 10" x 15" pan. You'll get about 38 from a 9" x 13" pan.
10) Just before serving, pour Cherry Sauce over the Brownie Bites
Photo: King Arthur Flour