recipes for Chocolate Pecan Sandies, definitely a pecan cookie, but I thought I'd post a different one to celebrate National Pecan Cookie Day!
This recipe is adapted from Woman's Day, April 1, 2006. As always, I suggest you use the very best ingredients. I used See's English Toffee for the English toffee bits in the recipe, and I used 15 ounces of 85% Madecasse chocolate in place of the original 2 10-oz milk chocolate bars. Also used DARK cocoa. And, an FYI, there are over 1000 varieties of pecans. Whichever you choose, you'll go nuts for this recipe.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PECAN COOKIES
2 sticks (1 cup) sweet butter, softened
2⁄3 cup packed light-brown sugar
2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3⁄4 tsp baking soda
3⁄4 tsp salt
2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
2⁄3 cup unsweetened DARK cocoa powder
10 oz English toffee bits
1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
15-oz dark chocolate (70-85% cacao), chopped coarsely
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Have baking sheet(s) ready.
2. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes until fluffy. Beat in eggs, baking soda and salt until combined. Add flour and beat on low speed until blended.
3. Stir in cocoa powder, English toffee bits, pecans and chocolate.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons dough about 1 1⁄2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet(s).
5. Bake 8 to 9 minutes until edges are golden brown. Cool on sheet 1 to 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.