Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE-ALMOND CAKE: National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day


Dorie Greenspan
is a Chocolate Goddess. But you knew that, right? I was looking around for a recipe for National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day and what should cross my desk but an article in the NYT by Dorie Greenspan for her Bittersweet Chocolate-Almond Cake with Amaretti Cookie Crumbs. This is an amazingly delicious cake that's easy to make and is very forgiving. The original recipe appeared in her debut cookbook, Sweet Times, in 1991. I have made it several times, but not with with the crushed amaretti cookies, and I think that will add great taste and texture when I make it again.

Here's a link to her article and the recipe for Bittersweet Chocolate-Almond Cake with Amaretti Cookie Crumbs! Have a great Chocolate with Almonds Day.


No comments: