Friday, January 23, 2015
Guinness Chocolate Silk Pie: National Pie Day
GUINNESS CHOCOLATE SILK PIE
Chocolate Cookie Crust
30 chocolate wafers (Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
5 Tbsp sweet butter, melted and slightly cooled
Dash of Salt
1/2 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
1. Whirl cookies in food processor until finely ground.
2. Put crumbs in mixing bowl; combine crumbs, butter, salt, and vanilla; stir until crumbs are moistened.
3. Press mixture evenly across bottom of 9-inch pie plate and up sides of pan; pack tightly so crust is even and compacted.
4. Bake in 350° oven for 6 minutes until crisp.
12 ounces dark chocolate (70-75% cacao), broken up
24 large marshmallows
Pinch of salt
2/3 cups Guinness
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
1 Tbsp creme de cacao or Kahlua
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Make crust (see above)
1. Place chocolate, marshmallows and salt in blender or food processor. Blend until well mixed and chocolate is finely ground.
2. In two separate pans, heat Guinness and evaporated milk until very hot, but not boiling.
3. Slowly pour hot Guinness over marshmallows and chocolate in blender. Add hot cream. Cover and blend for one minute.
4. Add vanilla and creme de cacao or Kahlua. Blend for one minute.
5. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Top with Whipped Cream or Guinness Ice Cream