Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie: Taza Chocolate

Photo: Taza Chocolate
If you follow me on Twitter or on this Blog, you know I eat a piece of Taza 70% Mexicano stone-ground chocolate every day.  Taza Chocolate is always in my desk, in my purse, and usually at hand for baking or cooking. So, it should come as no surprise that I follow the Taza Blog. I love this recipe for Taza Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, not only does it contain Taza Chocolate, but it also contains Taza chocolate covered nibs.

Speaking of skillets, you should have one for your baking and cooking. I have several, but my favorite is a well seasoned cast iron skillet I've had for over 30 years. Check out these Cast Iron Skillet Tips from Real Simple.

TAZA CHOCOLATE CHIP SKILLET COOKIE

Ingredients:
6 Tbsp sweet butter, softened
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup Taza Chocolate Baking Squares
1/4 cup Taza Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs

Directions
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and egg.
In separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
Combine both mixtures until smooth then fold in baking squares and chocolate covered nibs.
Press dough into 10 inch cast iron skillet then bake for 20 minutes or until dough is set.
Let cool for 10 minutes.
Cut into wedges to serve.

See more at: http://www.tazachocolate.com

No comments: