Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Round-Up the other day on Chocolate Chip Cookie Day and totally forgot to put in a recipe for Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies!
So here's a great recipe for Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This recipe calls for a baking
stone. You can use a pizza stone. If you don't have one, you can make
these Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies the traditional way. The stone helps makes them gooey on the inside and crispy on the outside. I've adapted this recipe from ehow.com.
COFFEE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1 cup sweet butter, softened
2 fresh large eggs (room temperature)
2 cups brown sugar
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
5 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 - 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp ground espresso beans (or finely ground coffee beans). Try this recipe with ground chocolate covered Coffee beans. Gives it just a bit more chocolate!
16 oz dark chocolate (65-85% cacao), chopped (or dark chocolate chips)
1. Toss butter in microwave for 20 seconds to SOFTEN not melt the butter. (or leave out in advance, so it's already softened)
2. Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Mixture should be well blended but firm.
3. Add 2 eggs. Beat. Add Vanilla. Mix well. Set aside.
4. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into another bowl. Add ground coffee or ground espresso beans.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture, beating in a little at a time. Fold in chocolate pieces (or chips). Possible
to add walnuts, if you want them. I didn't put them in the ingredients
above, but I always like chopped walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies.
6. Put Cookie Dough in refrigerator for 2 hours to firm up. Put wax paper on top to prevent drying.
7. Pre-heat oven to 350. Put hot stone in Oven.
8. Take hot stone out of oven. Drop cookie balls (use a small scoop or
form balls) onto stone, smashing with fork after dropping. Put back
in oven on stone.
9. Cook for about 8 minutes. Depends on your oven, of course.
10. Transfer with spatula to Wire Rack.
Hint: Check the first one. If the cookies fall apart or aren't cooked all the way, give them another minute.