Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Earth Day Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
EARTH DAY PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BALLS
12 ounces peanut butter (organic crunchy or smooth)
1 cup organic sweet butter, softened
16 ounces powdered sugar
1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
12 ounces milk or semisweet chocolate, chopped.
Sea salt or Kosher salt
1. Mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla and sugar until well combined. Use hands or mixer. Roll mix into balls and drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Freeze for one hour.
2. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler or saucepan over another saucepan over simmering water. Remove from stove.
3. Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate using two forks or special chocolate dipping tool. Put on parchment paper.
4. With clean dry hands, sprinkle salt on top before chocolate dries.
5. Put in refrigerator to set up.
Alternatively, you can coat the balls in chocolate and then roll in chopped peanuts (have 2 cups chopped peanuts ready).